Get out today and join the movement to make a difference. Find a project in your area or create one of your own. Pick up garbage. Help build a home or a school. Visit someone who is lonely. Advocate for change. Collect funds.
Volunteer year round by sharing your skills. Build. Recycle. Fundraise. Teach. Read. Join a board. Manage a website. Write a Letter. There is something for everyone regardless of experience, interest or available time.
Things to do:
- Visit your local volunteer recruitment center or website.
- Contact an organization that interests you and offer to sit on a board or committee.
- Plan a volunteer vacation. Get some tips in this article from Frommer's.
- Visit your university or college student center to ask about opportunities in your area of study.
- Look for volunteer opportunities in other areas with an organization like Get Involved or GetVolunteering.
Do you volunteer? How long have you been volunteering? Where? Why? What got you started as a volunteer?
Volunteer. Make a difference today and every day.
Never forget that you are one of a kind. Never forget that if there weren’t any need for you in all your uniqueness to be on this earth, you wouldn’t be here in the first place. And never forget, no matter how overwhelming life’s challenges and problems seem to be, that one person can make a difference in the world. In fact, it is always because of one person that all the changes that matter in the world come about. So be that one person.
Richard Buckminster Fuller